Opalescence Take Home Whitening Gels allow you to whiten your teeth at your convenience—in a safe, effective, and customized way.
Opalescence Take Home Whitening Gels are only available from the dentist, who will supervise your treatment from initial consultation through completion. The sticky, viscous gel won't migrate to gums, and most formulations include Potassium Fluoride (PF), which helps to improve oral health by strengthening enamel, decreasing sensitivity, and offering increased cavity prevention.
Powerful, prescription-strength Opalescence Take Home Whitening Gels are available with 10%, 10%PF, 15%PF, 20%PF, and 35%PF carbamide peroxide. Opalescence Take Home Whitening Gels can provide results after just one night, though expect to see results in about a week.
Opalescence Take Home Whitening Gels are delivered via a customized bleaching tray. Dr Nicula will create this tray from an alginate impression of your mouth; this customization is part of why Opalescence Take Home Whitening Gels are so effective. You can further customize your Opalescence Take Home Whitening Gel experience by choosing from the five formulations and three flavors (mint, melon and regular).
- Do not use household bleach to whiten teeth.
- Pregnant women should not bleach.
- Keep gel out of heat/sunlight. Do not freeze.
- Tooth fillings and crowns do not respond to tooth bleaching.
- Foods and juices high in acid may cause sensitivity.
- If you have any questions regarding the appropriate use of this product, please consult your dentist as soon as possible.
- Do not use tobacco products or eat while bleaching.
- Teeth are naturally darker along the gumline. These areas may require more time to
lighten than the rest of the tooth surface and usually remain slightly darker.
- A small percentage of patients experience sensitivity with bleaching. Should this occur, remove the tray and contact Dr Nicula.
- Foods and juices high in citric acid can cause sensitivity to the teeth.
- Some patients have noticed temporary discomfort of the gums, lips, throat, or tongue. Should any of these symptoms persist more than two days or progressively worsen, call Dr Nicula. These side effects will usually subside within 1-3 days after treatment is discontinued.
- Coffee, tobacco, and other products can restain your teeth over time. Should this occur, the teeth can be rewhitened within a few nights with Opalescence.
- Regular dental checkups and cleanings are important before and after bleaching to maintain a healthy smile.
- If you have any questions pertaining to this treatment, please ask Dr Nicula.
- Some old amalgam or "silver" fillings may leave a dark purple color in your bleaching tray; this is normal.
- Store bleach out of the sun and heat.
- Discard any unused bleaching gel after treatment is completed.
- Keep Opalescence out of reach of small children.
- Do not swallow gel or rinses. Product contains peroxide and may contain fluoride; swallowing large amounts can be harmful.